The following terms may appear under the "Status" column and refer to the status of your application:
Acceptance Withdrawn You were given a job offer which you accepted and subsequently withdrew.
Appeal Regret Verbal You applied on the job opening and have appeal rights and the Human Resource Representative has contacted you by phone or in person to provide notice of the appointment to the position and your right to appeal.
Appeal Regret Written You applied on the job opening and have appeal rights and the Human Resource Representative has contacted you in writing to provide notice of the appointment to the position and your right to appeal.
Appellant You are an applicant with appeal rights and you chose to appeal the appointment of another applicant to the position.
010 Applied We have received your application for the position and will include it in the job opening for consideration.
Assignment You will be asked to complete an assignment. You may be asked to complete an assignment before or after your interview.
Failed Pre-Screening You were asked a question during the application process regarding your ability to legally work in the Northwest Territories. You may also have been asked to indicate if you possessed a specific requirement for the position, such as whether or not you had a valid class 5 driver’s licence. If you answered no to some of all of these requirements, you MAY fail pre-screening and will not be given further consideration on the competition.
General Regret You were an unsuccessful candidate who does not have appeal rights. The Human Resource Representative has contacted you to provide regrets.
Hired You have been hired.
Ineligible for Hire You do not meet specific requirements and are considered Ineligible for Hire by the Government of the Northwest Territories at this point in time. Please contact the applicable Human Resource Office if you have questions.
Ineligible - Hired Elsewhere Once you have returned a signed a written job offer for another Job Opening, your application on all other Job Openings will change to this status. Please contact the applicable Human Resource Office if you have questions.
Interview You are being invited for an interview.
Linked/Applied A recruiter has linked you to this job opening.
Not Submitted If your status is "Not Submitted", you have not yet applied on the job opening. Your status must read "Applied" in order to be considered for this Job Opening.
On Hold The competition has been placed on hold. This can happen for a variety of reasons, for example, if a member of the Hiring Team is unavailable for a period of time. For more information contact the Human Resource Representative for this Job Opening.
On Hold – Job Opening Appealed The appointment is under appeal. For more information contact the Human Resource Representative for this Job Opening.
Passed Preliminary Screening You were asked a question during the application process regarding your ability to legally work in the Northwest Territories. You may also have been asked to indicate if you possessed a specific requirement for the position, such as whether or not you had a valid class 5 driver’s licence. If you answered yes all of these requirements, you passed preliminary screening
Position Filled The position has been filled with another candidate and the job opening is now closed.
080 Ready to Hire You have signed a written job offer for the position. The paperwork for your position has not yet been completed.
Registered You are currently registered with the database in which you applied for.
Regret - Appeal Denied You were an applicant with appeal rights and you chose to appeal the appointment of another applicant to the position. Your status is changed to Regret- Appeal Denied if your appeal is denied.
Regret - Limited JO (Job Opening) Some competitions are run as limited competitions. Competitions can be limited to GNWT term and indeterminate employees, to individuals living within a certain local, or to individuals belonging to a specific affirmative action group. If you apply on a competition and you do not meet the specified limitation, you will be provided with a regret.
Regret - On Probation GNWT employees who are on probation are not able to be considered for another position without approval from their Deputy Head. If you apply on a competition while on probation, you will be contacted by the Human Resource Representative. If you do not provide the written approval, you will be provided with a regret.
Regret- Job Opening Cancelled The Job Opening is Cancelled.
Screening During this phase of the competition, your application is reviewed to see if it meets the screening criteria – an outline of the requirements to do the position.
Screened In– Short Listed The selection committee has reviewed your application and you are seen to meet the screening criteria and will be moving forward in the job opening process.
Screened In - Not Short Listed The selection committee has reviewed your application and you are seen to meet the screening criteria but will not be moving forward in the job opening process at this time.
Screened Out The selection committee has reviewed your application and determined that you did not meet the screening criteria. You will not be moving forward in the job opening process.
Signed Written Offer Received You have been made a written offer and have accepted it, signed and returned it to the Human Resource Offices.
Verbal Offer Accepted You have accepted the verbal offer.
Verbal Offer Declined You have declined the verbal offer.
Verbal Offer Extended You have been given a verbal offer. This offer will be conditional upon the outcome of the appeal process, if applicable.
Verbal Offer Rescinded You accepted a verbal offer, but the position was appealed and the Human Resource Representative has rescinded your offer.
130 WithdrawnApplication You withdrew from the job opening.
Written Offer Extended You have been given a written offer.
Return to Table of Contents
A man, woman, or child of the species Homo sapiens, distinguished from other animals by superior mental development, power of articulate speech, and upright stance.
- ‘I am a mild mannered fellow with a respect for all good human beings and all religions and cultures.’
- ‘Yet these are human beings like you and me, people who think and feel, who hurt and can be hurt.’
- ‘He did not help me because of a divine instruction, but because of the shared values of human beings.’
- ‘Each day he has looked at a key issue facing us as a nation, as a people, as frail human beings.’
- ‘There's no room in this system for being treated like an individual human being.’
- ‘To call this process a sport is insulting to the animals and degrading to human beings.’
- ‘For the cause of a human action is not an event at all, but an agent: a person, a human being.’
- ‘We would not let an animal suffer like this, so why should a human being be left to suffer?’
- ‘It is as close to being a perfect food for them as it is for human beings and animals.’
- ‘Some men in this culture literally do not see women as human beings but as body parts.’
- ‘People will argue that as intelligent human beings we are above basic instincts.’
- ‘At first sight, the distinction between a person and a human being might appear to be a specious one.’
- ‘There is a great effort by many human beings to control the animal populations.’
- ‘One may also be born as a human being with severe mental and physical disabilities.’
- ‘It is no use pointing out the obvious differences between human beings and all other animals.’
- ‘The naked photo takes away these elements and shows the person as a human being.’
- ‘We human beings differ from most animals in that we act upon nature to produce the things we want and need.’
- ‘We may well decide that it was the most evil act ever perpetrated by human beings on fellow people.’
- ‘It was appalling to see those broken bodies, human beings treated worse than dogs.’
- ‘I actually think that people had more chance to develop as rounded human beings in my school.’